When we talk about innovative Digital Transformation in Healthcare technologies changing the world, one of the first sectors in our minds is the healthcare sector. The healthcare industry has always relied on innovative and advanced technologies to provide timely and critical care.
Healthcare Digital Transformation Trends 2021
Yet, in the past couple of decades, innovations in the industry have taken a back seat. However, with the digital transformation in the healthcare industry growing significantly, many consumer-facing trends have cropped up. The laboratory and pharmaceutical industry is also seeing a technological overdrive.
According to Accenture Digital Health Technology Vision 2021, 81% of healthcare executives believe that the digital transformation in their organization is increasing rapidly. And 93% think that there is a sense of urgency in their innovation this year.
Let’s now look at some of the healthcare app Digital Transformation in Healthcare development technologies that will continue to be valuable in the future and the healthcare trends that could shape 2021.
Smart medical wearable devices have taken over Digital Transformation in Healthcare the medical and fitness industry by storm. More and more people are looking towards their smartwatches, body-mounted sensors, and fitness trackers to give them accurate and real-time data about their health.
Every major healthcare app development company Digital Transformation in Healthcare is developing apps for smart devices that help patients gain greater control over their health and help doctors devise accurate preventive medical management plans.
Some of the benefits of medical wearable devices are:
- Gives patients greater control over their Digital Transformation in Healthcare health
- Provides accurate and real-time medical data to doctors and care providers
- Helps monitor and track high-risk and critical patients
- Supports proactive healthcare
Digital transformation is helping patients reduce waiting times by providing immediate help. With healthcare app development gaining traction, patients are using their smartphones to receive on-demand healthcare solutions.
Some of the benefits are:
- Immediate and efficient interaction with patients
- Timely assistance
- Reduced hospitalization
- Reduced cost of healthcare
- Limited paperwork
Telemedicine has come as a boon to many patients, especially critical-care patients, the elderly, and those residing in remote locations. Telemedicine apps by healthcare app development companies have reduced patients’ need to travel to healthcare centers. It has also reduced the gaps between identification of symptoms, appointments and treatment.
Benefits of telemedicine include:
- Access to immediate care
- Reduce healthcare costs such as hospital Digital Transformation in Healthcare stays and tests
- Increase in the quality of treatment
- Increase in doctor/patient engagement
- Ability to consult specialists
Every healthcare app development company focuses Digital Transformation in Healthcare on developing applications that can connect smart medical devices and systems in a streamlined manner so that patients’ medical data can be leveraged to draw meaningful, actionable insights from it. The Internet of Medical Things is poised to provide a multitude of benefits to both healthcare providers and patients.
Some of the benefits include:
- Better treatment outcome
- Reduced errors and healthcare costs
- Real-time monitoring of medical data
- Improved analysis of data
- Accurate treatment plans
- Precise drug management
The healthcare industry, in general, deals with tons of medical information that needs to be sifted through to draw meaningful insights. Big data analyses these chunks of medical, clinical, administrative, and operational data accurately.
Some of the benefits of big data in healthcare including:
- Analyze large quantities of sensitive patient medical and financial data
- Draw meaningful insights from large datasets
- Determine the best treatment plans
- Draw personalized treatment plans based on specific patient needs
- Access to organized critical information from various sections of the information supply chain
- Proactive medical management and equipment maintenance
Virtual Reality and augmented reality technologies provide immense benefits to various sectors. The healthcare industry has started looking keenly at these Digital Transformation in Healthcare innovative technologies in general medicine and medical training. Every major healthcare app development company is looking to develop applications that can help provide immersive training, body mapping and visualization to medical professionals.
A few benefits of VR/AR are:
- Helpful in training and medical practice
- Helps medical students gain immersive Digital Transformation in Healthcare learning by using 3D models
- Assists patients with mental illnesses and post-traumatic stress
- By practicing surgical techniques, AR/VR reduces errors and improves efficiency.
- Emergency navigation
- Effective pain management
- Enhancing social skills for children with autism
- Helps identify early signs of Alzheimer and Schizophrenia
Artificial intelligence and machine learning provide multiple benefits to doctors and clinicians. Machine learning helps doctors and care providers make accurate, timely decisions. It gives doctors access to diagnostics, analysis reports, treatment options, treatment processes, and more.
Some of the benefits of AI and ML in healthcare are:
- Improving and developing radiology tools
- Mind-mapping of brain images
- Determining risk predictors
- Predictive medical management
- Providing medical services to underdeveloped regions
- Determining antibody resistance
- Improving data analytics of radiology reports and images
Digital transformation in healthcare using robotics ensures that simple medical procedures are performed with greater accuracy, safety, and affordability. Automation Digital Transformation in Healthcare and robotics help doctors and specialists perform regular surgeries and tasks faster and with greater accuracy.
Additionally, robotics and automation Digital Transformation in Healthcare come in handy during microsurgeries which humans might find difficult to achieve.
Some of the benefits of robotics in healthcare are:
- Greater accuracy in performing intricate surgeries
- Reduced scarring and improved pain management
- Micro incisions in surgeries
- Minimal risk of infection
- Improved precision
- Minimal hospitalization and faster recovery
Regardless of the driving forces behind the change, the next decade will see an eager adoption of digital technologies – with the healthcare industry experiencing its most significant overhaul. Post-Covid, the implementation of information technology in the medical sector is also increasing, with over 69% of medical experts claiming to have implemented IT into their everyday hospital routine. These were some of the trends leading digital transformation in healthcare.
Jamie Joyner is a content cum digital marketer at Solution Analysts, a leading Healthcare app development company. She is an avid reader and likes to remain updated for technological advancements in the domains of web, mobility, IoT, and emerging technologies. Her articles are informative and interesting at the same time as he expresses insightful thoughts clearly.