Havelock Island is one of the best beaches of Asia. The Island is 40km(approx.) away from its capital Port Blair. It is one of the most visited and preferred islands to stay in the Andaman islands. It is famous for diving, white beaches, thick forests, sunsets and many more. It is also famous for swimming elephants and the unbeatable reef. The months of November through February are great for visiting this location. People specially come here for scuba diving. You can see beautiful coral garden and fish if you are snorkeling off the beach . Havelock Island is considered a perfect place for water sports in Andaman.
How to Reach Havelock Island
Regular ferry from Port Blair to Havelock Island that takes travelers from one island to the other, you have to prefer ferries which are available there . These ferry takes 2 to 3 hours to reach Havelock Island from Port Blair.
There are two type of ferries
One is government associated and other is privately associated. The former one is obviously cheap as compared to latter.
Government ferries are available four times in a day and price is Rs 500/- . But it is difficult to buy the tickets for the government ferries. You have to be in a line . So some people give some commission to agents for ticket .(commission is about Rs 200/-)
While talking about the private ferries, they are available any time.
How to Explore Havelock Island
Once you reach the island, you will need a scooty which is available very easily at a cost of (Rs 400/-) per day
Top Places and Things to Do in Havelock Island
- White Sand Beach.
- This beach is specially meant for sunset veiw.
- perfect for swimming.
- It has a reserve forest area.
- Food stalls are there which is well maintained by government.
(2.) ELEPHANT BEACH
- It’s takes 40 minutes to trek to Elephant beach at Havelock Island
- Water sports activities such as Sea Walk, Snorkeling and Jet Ski rides are available here.
- Entry is allowed till 1 pm and Trek is about 1.8 km.
- If you don’t want to trek , you can take boat from jetty area which costs around( Rs950/- )per person.
- Snorkelling is available here. Which cost around (Rs 1500/- but including boat ride ).
(3.) SCUBA DIVING
- One of the best water sports available at Havelock Island.
- Scuba Diving can be done from beginner to advanced divers.
- Cost of the Scuba diving varies from 2000 – 10000 Rupees
- The word “BIOLUMINESCENT” means emission of light from living organisms .
- When you disturb the water, you will see blue lights.
- Cost around (Rs3500/- )per head but by bargaining they will reduce the price to( Rs3000/-)
- This trip is done as part of Kayaking experience
(5.) KALAPATHAR BEACH
- Its a quiet beach
- Less crowded
- Water is greenish blue
- Clean and windy
- Just two minutes away from Elephant beach
At the end,
If you are looking for the best place to visit ,the above mentioned places are the best place that you can enjoy with your family and close ones.